Dental plaque is the accumulation of food wastes on the external surfaces of teeth. If left untreated, it can cause bad breath and tooth decay as bacteria will release acids that attack your tooth enamel.
However, there is a popular home remedy using common ingredients that you can find easily in your house that you can use to remove dental plague and it only takes two minutes!
All you need is:
#1 Baking soda
#4 Apple cider vinegar
#5 Coconut oil
#6 Aluminum foil
Using the ingredients above, there are several steps you need to follow to make your own homemade remedy in removing plaque:
1. Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda and inside a bowl. Baking soda produces an antibacterial effect that prevents the bacteria getting into the mouth and forming plaque and tartar. It has antacid that restores the pH balance in the mouth and soothes your teeth and gums. It not only removes tartar but also whitening your teeth.
2. Mix the baking soda with a generous squeeze of toothpaste
3. Next, cut the lemon in half and add the juice of a half of the lemon into the mix
Observe how the mixture has react to the acidity of the lemon juice
4. Add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar also has a whitening effect on the teeth
The mixture will start to blend with each other and creates a foam
5. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to the mixture. Coconut oil helps to prevent tooth decay
6. Stir the ingredients well until all of them are completely mix with each other
7. Take your aluminum foil and cut it according to the size and length of your teeth. The foil must be able to full wrap the rows of your teeth
8. Add your mixture into your folded aluminum foil
9. Next, wrap the foil around your lower teeth. Repeat the same step for your upper teeth as well. Leave it on for two minutes and rinse your mouth with water
10. Add in the mixture to your toothbrush
11. Brush your teeth with the remaining mixture and rinse with water
As the ingredients are acidic, it is advised to only do this home treatment twice a week at most. It may take time for the plaque and tartar to be removed so do this treatment regularly. Always consult your dentist before you attempt this method to avoid any harmful side effects.