Lemons are arguably one the most beneficial fruits that belong to the citrus family. This bright yellow fruit has a long list of properties that can contribute to a person’s well being and promote good health. Astonishingly though, these positive attributes increase tenfold when the fruits are frozen solid.
The reason why lemons are known for their numerous benefits is because of all the vitamins and antioxidants that are found in the rind and peel of the fruit.
Freezing the lemon allows for a person to use the entirety of the lemon which includes the most beneficial part and that is the bitter outer skin
What’s more is that according to researchers, lemons contain the ability to reduce the risk of cancer and it also serves as a supplement to cancer patients who are in the midst of ongoing treatment.
- “A new study has shown for the first time how limonoids, natural compounds present in lemons and other citrus fruit, impede both ER+ and ER- breast cancer cell growth. This sheds new light on the importance of citrus fruit for breast cancer prevention and supports past studies which showed fruit consumption may lower breast cancer risk.(1)”
Researchers also state that after a total of 20 laboratory tests were conducted since 1970, the lemon extracts had the ability to completely destroy malignant cells that pose a risk towards developing cancer.
It destroyed these harmful cells in 12 kinds of cancers including colon, breast, prostate, lung and pancreas. Contrary to chemotherapy, these lemon extracts only targeted malignant cells and it did not have any affect on healthy ones
The advantages of this miracle fruit doesn’t end there as it also contains anti-microbial properties which help fend off bacterial infections as well as fungi.
In the human body, it is effective as a defender against internal parasites and worms, it has the power to regulate blood pressure and also acts as a combatant against stress and nervous disorders
Other advantages of consuming lemons include:
- Acts as a form of detox to clear the liver and kidneys
- Prevents asthma
- Improves overall immune system
- Reduce the risk of a person suffering a stroke
- Can be used as an alternative medication to combat inflammation
- Effective for weight loss
What are you waiting for?
Go get this fruit and reap it’s benefits by freezing them today!
Like and share this post while you’re at it.