Head lice are parasitic insects that live on a human’s scalp and occasionally in eyebrows and eyelashes. They often do not pose any major health threats but as they feed off blood from the scalp, this can cause infection and irritation to the person infected.
For those who have experienced in having these little creatures creeping in your hair, they can probably tell you that it is pretty excruciating and extremely difficult to remove.
Even though head lice can affect anyone from all walks of life, it is more common in young children as they spend more time close to one another at school or kindergarten
While there are shampoos that specifically target this problem, they are not always effective. Often, several bottles of lice shampoo are needed to kill a whole family of lice which can be costly and time-consuming.
Fortunately, there is another method that you can use instead to kill the parasites and it does not involve harmful chemicals! Plus, you do not have to scrutinize every single strand of your child’s hair to remove the lice
All you need is:
- A lice comb
- White wine vinegar
- A plastic bag or a shower cap
1. First, wet your child’s hair with the mouthwash then cover the hair with the shower cap or plastic bag. Let it sit for an hour. This will keep the lice away as they do not like strong smells
2. Rinse the hair and wet the hair with some white wine vinegar. The vinegar will help to get rid of the eggs
3. Allow the vinegar to sit in the hair for an hour by covering the hair with a shower cap/plastic bag
4. Lastly, wash the hair with your regular shampoo and comb it with a lice comb
It is also helpful to spray some mouthwash on your child’s hair before they go to the school or kindergarten during lice outbreaks.