Bathing a newborn is not an easy task to be done for first-time parents and it is usually get done by someone who is far experienced in the matter like the nurse.
In this video, the experienced nurse shows the best method to bathe a newborn. Giving a newborn their first bath can be very exciting and intimidating at the same time for new parents.
However, this nurse makes it seems quite an easy task with her delicate and nimble movement
Even more incredible, the newborn looks at ease despite getting bathed for the first time
Most of the time, newborns will usually cry out loud to show how uncomfortable and unfamiliar they are with the water and the new routine but not for this baby!
It seems apparent that this nurse is truly experienced in taking care of a newborn and she certainly knows what she is doing
This child health care center is located in Hanoi, Vietnam and is specialized at giving services to new parents who just received the newest addition to their families.
For the bathing, the newborn will not only get bathed but they will also get massaged so that they will feel calm and relaxed during the bathing time
According to experts, there are several important things that you need to know when bathing a baby:
- A gentle massage is from the baby’s head to toe and you will need to put on waterproof earplugs on the baby to avoid water from getting into his ears.
- Wrap the baby in a soft towel and wash the baby’s face and head with warm water before putting him inside a shallow plastic basin.
- Line the basin with a rubber mat to prevent slipping.
- When washing the baby’s face, use a wet towel and gently clean the baby’s face, nose, corner of eyes, and lips.
- Bathe the baby for not more than 10 minutes.
- Do not feed the baby with milk 30 minutes prior to bathing. This is to avoid the baby from throwing up during the bathing process. Instead, feed the baby after the bath.
Watch the video below on how the nurse gives the baby a bath.