Children easily catch fever, flu, and cough especially if the weather suddenly changes from hot to cold. The fact that children cannot be simply given random medicine makes it even trickier.
However, do not worry anymore! Below is a simple home remedy that you can follow to reduce your child’s temperature and boost their immune system.
1. What you will need is a white radish. Cut the top of the radish and wash it under running water
2. Cut the white radish into slices or cubes. Do not peel the skin off
3. Next, bring a pot of water to a boil and put the white radish that you have cut into the boiling water
4. Boil it for 15 minutes and do not put any seasonings or salt into the water
5. When the white radish has become tender, turn the hob off and let it cool before you serve it. Serve the white radish with the soup
Give your child the white radish soup before their bedtime. After two or three days, your child’s high temperature would reduce.
For children under 2 years old, it is suggested that you only give them the broth.
White radish is good to treat flu, fever, and cough as it helps to reduce high body temperature and it acts as a decongestant
This versatile vegetable also contains active enzymes that are beneficial for our digestive system and they are also high in antioxidants like those found in citrus fruits and vegetables.
So, why not try this home remedy the next time you or your child catch a fever. However, it is best to bring your child to seek a professional help if your child is younger than two years old and the fever does not come down overnight.
If you like this article, why not click ‘Like’ and ‘Share’ it with your friends and family! Thanks for your sharing!