Packed with anti-carcinogenic properties, rich in vitamins C and B6, low in calories, and effective anti-inflammatory, cabbage is not only delicious in your meals but can actually relieve joint pain!
We can use cabbage to reduce swelling, ease chronic pain and even to treat more severe pains caused by arthritis and sports injuries. The cabbage compresses are easy to make and you only need a few things—no culinary skills required.
Things you need:
- Cabbage (preferably red cabbage)
- Aluminum foil
- Bandages or gauze
- A cutting board
- A rolling pin (you can use a tin can or wine bottle if you don’t have one)
- An oven
Prepare all the things you need.
1. Make sure to wash your cabbage and cut the stem. Place the cabbage leaf (one per compress) on your cutting board and ‘bruise’ it with rolling pin to extract the juices.
Get ready to roll your cabbage leaf.
Don’t forget to cut out the hard stem.
2. Wrap the cabbage leaf in aluminum foil and gently warm it in the oven on a low setting for 2-3 minutes. Next, place the leaf onto the affected area of skin and bind it tightly in a place using a strip of bandage or gauze. Keep the cabbage compress on the skin for an hour. It can even be left overnight.
Put it onto the affected area like this.
3. Repeat this process a few times every day, using new cabbage leaf each time. However, if you notice any adverse effects on people with cabbage allergy (if any), remove the compress immediately.
Wrap it using gauze.
You can use plastic wrap too.
4. The compress can also be used cold. You just need to refrigerate the cabbage instead of heating it in the oven and bind to the skin in the exact same way.
No more joint pain!
Besides relieving joint pain, cabbage leaves can also help sufferers of particular skin ailments.
1. For eczema sufferers, the cabbage compress can be used directly on the skin for one hour, to relieve itching.
2. For asthma sufferers, apply four large cabbage leaves compresses onto the chest, or shoulders, for at least four hours.
3. For arthritis sufferers, ‘bruise’ a handful of cabbage leaves to release the juices and apply them directly to the affected area. Bind tightly, and leave in place for several hours.
According to the experts at Healthy Food House red cabbage provides a more powerful nutritional profile as it contains almost twice the amount of vitamin C than its green counterpart and even more vitamin C than oranges.
Can’t believe there’s so much we don’t know about how beneficial these cabbages are!
Credit: The Epoch Times | Ask A Prepper