Buying new shoes is the best feeling in the world, but sadly the brand new just-out-from-the-store untouched feel to it didn’t really last long when the crease started to appear after a few walks.
But thanks to this viral life-changing hack that helps people get creases out of their trainers shared on Twitter by a YouTuber called Shantel De Bonsu, we can now get our new-shoes-look back in just a few simple steps!
A thread on how to get rid of your creases! pic.twitter.com/FYfERrceTZ
— YT: Shantel Dé Bonsu (@shanteldebonsu) April 15, 2019
Things you need:
- A pair of shoes (with the crease of course!)
- Tissue paper / Socks / Hand towel (or basically any old fabric)
- Hot water
- An iron
- VIM (a cleaning product)
- Stuff your shoes with socks or old clothes or tissue paper to the point where you can no longer see the crease anymore and when you press on the top of the shoes, it doesn’t move.
- Wet your cloth of choice with hot water and squeeze the water out so it’s damp.
- Place your damp cloth on the top of the crease.
- Iron the cloth with VIM and make sure to keep lifting the iron up while doing it to make sure you didn’t burn your shoe.
- Iron till the crease disappears. How bad the crease will determine how long the time you need for each shoe.
New shoes all over again!
Since it was shared on 15 April 2019, the tweet has now gained nearly 150,000 retweets and almost 350,000 likes. People have been sharing how the hack helped them get rid of the creases on their shoes and so thankful for tips.
Just in case the instruction was not quite clear for you, you can watch Shantel do the hack herself on her YouTube channel.