A family of three vomited and experienced headache after eating puffer fish, died of poisoning not long after

0
217

Eating exotic menu can be dangerous, and this is what exactly happened to a family of three from Banyuwangi, East Java.

The family suffered from vomiting, headaches, and shortness of breath after eating pufferfish – and died not long after.

It all started when the 65-year-old Muhlis Hartono catches the pufferfish and bring it home.

Credit: Instagram

Most probably unaware that pufferfish is a poisonous and deadly fish, Hartono’s wife, 50-year-old Dewi Ambarwati cooked the fish.

In Japan, this fish can be savored only after being prepared by a professional with a special license specifically to prepare the pufferfish.

Hartono and Ambarwati later enjoyed the pufferfish dish with Ambarwati’s mother, the 80-year-old Siti Habsah.

Credit: Instagram

After vomited and experienced headaches, all of them were rushed to a nearby hospital but didn’t make it. It was later confirmed that they died of poisoning. Authorities are currently conducting chemical tests to determine the content of the pufferfish dish as well.

Pufferfish is a poisonous and deadly fish because it contains tetrodotoxin – a highly toxic substance. Only 25 milligrams of tetrodotoxin is enough to kill humans in a matter of hours.

The family died after eating the poisonous pufferfish.

Credit: Instagram

According to the Chief Police of Banyuwangi, Kombes, Arman Asmara Syarifuddin, Hartono and Ambarwati left behind a young child, who is now in the custody of the couple’s relatives.

Always be careful when you’re trying a new exotic dish and be sure to do enough research not to harm yourself in the process.

View this post on Instagram

Ati-Ati lur, ojo waton oleh iwak di maem ya #Banyuwangi – KONSUMSI IKAN BUNTAL, 1 KELUARGA TEWAS KERACUNAN. Satu keluarga tewas setelah makan ikan buntal di Banyuwangi. Ikan tersebut, kata Arman, merupakan hasil pancingan Muhlis Hartono, yang kemudian dimasak oleh istri dan mertuanya untuk lauk selama dua hari. Ikan itu dimasak bumbu santan dan digoreng. Setelah mengkonsumsi ikan ini satu keluarga mulai merasa sakit perut, ketiganya kemudian langsung dibawa ke puskesmas terdekat. Namun nyawa ketiganya tak tertolong. Ikan buntal (pufferfish / fugu) dikenal sebagai ikan yang beracun. Ikan ini bisa dikonsumsi asalkan yang memasak mengetahui cara menyingkirkan racunnya. Lokasi kejadian: Desa Alasbuluh, Kecamatan Wongsorejo, Kabupaten Banyuwangi, Jawa Timur. NB: Guys ikan ini beracun ya, jangan pernah di konsumsi, meskipun kita tau cara menghilangkan racun nya tapi resiko keracunan tetap ada. Main aman aja, ada jutaan jenis ikan lain yang bisa di konsumsi. Lagian Guru nya Spongebob di makan apa gak di demo sama warga Bikini Bottom. . #ikanbuntal #keracunan #racun #infobanyuwangi #kabarbanyuwangi #jogjajateng #klaten24jam

A post shared by klaten24jam.com (@klaten_24jam) on

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

seventy eight + = eighty